Sunday 14 April 2013

Wall hanging

Hello all, hope your Sunday is a good one with proper spring in the air.
I have spent the afternoon catching up with some housework after Ellie stayed last night. Then since the footie was on I made this. I was inspired by this lovely hanging by Lisa here,  I love Lisa's work and any viewers of Sheena Douglass shows will know her work well as she is on her design team. Pop over and see her, she's awfully friendly.

I used a chipboard heart purchased at the SECC this March from the Every Crafts a Pound stand.
I coloured it first using some Artiste white acrylic paint to blank out the grey, just rubbed over with my finger.
I then added some Distress Inks in various shades. I think I used Mustard Seed, Wild Honey,  Dried Marigold and Spiced Marmalade. 
I used an old Swirl Template from ages ago with Wild Honey to form the swirl, then stamped the sentiment and Dandelions with Archival Ink in Black.  I double stamped the dandelions to try for some depth. I then over stamped with some Vesamark and gold embossing powder.
The stamps were Make a Wish and Scatter Seeds by Inkylicious. 
I also went round the outside of the heart with Versamark and gold embossing powder.
I always find my Distress Inks go 'muddy', is it just me? Or am I doing something wrong?  I use a separate bit of Cut'n'Dry for each colour? 
Hope you like it and thanks for looking.
Hope next week stays fine for us all.

I have hospital tomorrow for Dad's results so fingers crossed! 

12 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Alison, a real work of art. The verse is lovely, to give this to a friend would be so meaningful and a wonderful keepsake. Enjoy your evening, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, we hope it's taking pride of place on a prominent wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous Alison, love it! hOpe all goes well tomorrow!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful hanging Alison. Good luck for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely composition Alison love your sentiment
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning Alison. I love the design, delicate colours and beautiful sentiment
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful, Alison! Gorgeous delicate colours - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so beautiful alison.i love this sentiment and your colours are gorgeous :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Alison, This is really lovely. I especially like the dandelion stamp and the muted colours are gorgeous.
    (Thanks for visiting me and for your kind comment. The backgrounds are the easy part. I really don't know where to go from there.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so artistic and gorgeous Alison. I love all of your techniques on it, and the sentiment is beautiful.

    I'm keeping your father in my thoughts, and hope everything is going well for him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Alison. Love the soft colours and the sentiment. I too love Lisa's work.
    I hope the hospital visit had some good news for you and your father. I had my CT scan yesterday so am on the road to sorting things out?
    As for your "muddy" distress inks, maybe try drying with a heat gun between each inking?
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete